Countdown: 18 days. The project image and short blurb are incredibly important: these are all people see of your project when they browse on Kickstarter.
Kickstarter gives this advice:
Your project title and blurb should be simple, specific, and memorable. Our search tools run through these sections of your project, so be sure to incorporate any key words here!
These words will help people find your project, so choose them wisely! Your name will be searchable too.
If you had to describe what you’re creating in one tweet, how would you do it?
I always spend a lot of time thinking about this blurb, and on both of my projects so far (Relic Expedition and Lanterns) I changed it multiple times before and during the campaign.
Here are the current options I’m considering for the thumbnail and blurb for the World’s Fair 1893 campaign. Which of these pique your interest the most? What makes it stand out from the others?
1. From the beauty of the White City to the fun attractions along the Midway, players compete to obtain the grand exhibits for display.
2. Obtain grand exhibits and increase your influence throughout the White City, the Ferris Wheel, and more in this Euro-style board game.
3. Place supporters, collect exhibits, and sell tickets to become the most renowned organizer of this grand international exposition.
4. Step back in time to experience the wonder and beauty of America’s great fair in this Euro-style board game. 2-4 players. 40 minutes.
5. Collect exhibits from around the world and use your influence to get them approved into this spectacular exposition. 2-4 players.